Every Drop Counts: Water Saving Tips at Home
Did you know that we use about 77 gallons of water each day per person? A few simple changes can make a big difference.
- Repair leaks - Dripping faucets and leaky toilets can waste over 2,000 gallons of water each year.
- Replace old showerheads - Low flow showerheads can save 3 gallons per minute.
- Run full loads - Running laundry machines and dishwashers when full instead of multiple smaller loads.
- Consider water efficiency - When purchasing new laundry machines or dishwashers, consider water efficient models. They use up to 40% less water per year.
- Turn off water - When brushing your teeth or shaving, turn the water off in the sink.