On November 8, 2011, City residents voted to enter into a contract with Baldwin Library for library services under a three - year contract. Baldwin Library issued the first city resident a library card on November 15, 2011. To provide easier access, Baldwin has also installed return receptacle at City Hall so residents can easily return their library materials in our community.
ServicesAnyone who lives, works or owns property in the City of Bloomfield Hills is eligible for a library card at the Baldwin Public Library. Simply come to the Library with a valid photo ID card showing your current address (e.g., a driver’s license, passport or state ID), and the Circulation Desk staff will register you. If you don’t live in our service area, also bring proof of property ownership or employment. You can find more details on the Baldwin Library website.
With a Baldwin card you have access to:
- 170,000 books, magazines, DVDs, CDs, audio books, video games, toys, puppets and media kits at Baldwin
- Interlibrary loan from thousands of libraries around the country
- 9,000 e-books and downloadable audio books
- Over 100,000 pieces of downloadable music
- Subscription databases, like Morningstar, Value Line, Consumer Reports, Ancestry, Mango Languages, the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal
- 800 events, programs and classes every year
- Study and meeting room space
- Support for schoolwork, including home schooling
- Reference service in person, by telephone and electronically