- How do I report a street light outage?
DTE Energy has an online reporting tool that makes it easy to get your street light working again. For residential and businesses customers, you can report outages using their online reporting tool.
Things to remember:
- Please provide as much information as possible (type of pole, exact location of pole, pole number).
- Remember to update contact information in case we need more information.
- Normal repair time is 3-5 business days, with underground cable issues and pole replacements taking longer.
- Keep your neighborhood well-lit and safe by reporting street lights that are out. For more information, call DTE Energy at 800-477-4747.
- How do I report a down street sign?
Please contact DPW by calling 248-530-1412 with the exact location of the down street sign.
- Does the City maintain traffic signals?
No, the Road Commission for Oakland County maintains all traffic signals within the City.
- Why is my water/sewer bill so high?
Your water/sewer bill is based completely upon water consumption. If you have a bill which seems higher than usual, you should check your home for water leaks. There is an indicator on the face of your meter which can be used to identify water consumption. The water meter cannot register excess water usage, therefore cannot overstate your water consumption, unless the water actually passed through the meter and into your home. If you have any questions call Oakland County's Water Resources Commission at 248-356-6299.
- I haven't received a water/sewer bill in several months. Could there be something wrong?
Yes, your "remote reader" could be malfunctioning, failing to send a signal to our meter-reading equipment and therefore, not generating a bill. If you suspect that you should be getting a bill but have not, please contact Oakland County Water Resources Commission at 248-858-1110 immediately to schedule a repair appointment. Failure to do so may cause a large back-billing for water consumed.
- How do I report a pot-hole?
Please contact DPW by calling 248-530-1412 for hazardous conditions on any city-maintained roadways and sidewalks.
For hazards on Charing Cross, Eastways, Long Lake, Quarton, Lahser, or Woodward, contact the Road Commission for Oakland County directly via phone (toll-free) at 877-858-4804 or through the Road Commission's Website (use the "Contact Us" button).
- How do I report a dead animal?
Please Contact Critter Control by calling 586-323-1010. Please note the city is not responsible for any costs incurred.
- Who is responsible for paying costs incurred from dead wildlife removal?
The property owner is responsible for paying any costs incurred for dead animal removal from their property.
- What do I do if there is a fallen tree?
If the tree is on a homeowner's property, it is the homeowner's responsibility to find a removal service. If the tree has fallen on the city's road right-of-way or on-road, please report it to Public Safety Dispatch by calling 248-644-4200.
- Who do I contact if I am experiencing a power outage?
DTE Energy has an online reporting tool that makes it easy to get your power working again! For residential and businesses customers, you can report outages using their online reporting tool. If you experience any issues or difficulties with using the online reporting tool.
- Who do I contact if I am experiencing a backup from my sewer?
Oakland County's Water Resources Commission is contracted to serve as the city's water and sewer department. They can be reached by phone at 248-356-6299. If it is an emergency, you may call the 24-hour water, sewer, and grinder pump emergency line at 248-624-6366.