- When is the City’s Budget Fiscal Year?
The city of Bloomfield Hills' budget fiscal year is from July 1st through June 30th. A budget is adopted by City Commission each year in June preceding the new fiscal year.
- Will the residents get a chance to see the proposed budget before being adopted?
Prior to the City Commission approving the fiscal year budget at the Commission Meeting in May of every year, a public hearing is held during the Commission Meeting in May. During this meeting, the proposed budget is presented to the public, at which time questions can be asked and concerns expressed.
- When is the budget adopted for the upcoming fiscal year?
The City budget for the upcoming fiscal year must be adopted by City Commission no later than the Commission Meeting on May 31st of each year per the city charter.
- Where can I find the City Budget?
You can find the City Budget on our website under Open Government.
- Where can I find the City’s Annual Financial Reports?
You can find the City's Financial Reports on our website under Open Government.
- When are the City’s Financial Reports available for the prior fiscal year?
The City's Annual Financial Reports must be posted 6 months after the closing fiscal year.