September 14, 2018
Road / Water Main Replacement Program
The City recognizes the lack of paving on the streets under construction. This is primarily due to a union issue with the contractor’s labor union, which has caused a lock-out. This has not only affected our City but many other areas in Michigan. Nevertheless, we are doing everything we can to keep the project going while waiting for the paving contractor to resolve their issue. We are hopeful that this will be very soon.
In the meantime, we continue to push ahead and you will see work in your area as follows:
• Goodhue and Woodridge will see restoration work while awaiting paving which is planned to begin Thursday, September 20th.
• Beresford and Dunston will be pulverized on approximately Monday, September 17th.
• Thetford and Quarton Lane will begin to be prepped for paving on approximately Monday, September 24th.
• Haverhill and Martell will continue to see work in preparation for paving to follow.
• Water main work on Martell Court should be completed toward the middle of next week.
• Bennington Drive has already been pulverized allowing the contractor to start water main and storm sewer work at the end of next week. In addition to extensive water main and storm sewer work, culverts will be removed from driveways on both sides of the road.
Road Program Contacts
General Inquiries (248) 644-1520
Field Representative Tom Cairo (248) 535-3437
Contractor Concerns Melissa Coatta (248) 535-3336
City Manager David Hendrickson (248) 530-1404
Copyright © 2016 City of Bloomfield Hills. All Rights Reserved.
45 E Long Lake Road, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304Unsubscribe