If you are interested in voting via an absentee ballot and haven’t yet completed the application to request a ballot, you can find the form here. We encourage you to complete and return your request as soon as possible.
Important Absentee Voting Reminders:
IN PERSON VOTING ON ELECTION DAY
- Take your time and read all the instructions.
- Crossing party lines or “splitting your ticket” is not allowed for an August Primary Election.
- If you feel you may have marked your ballot in error, or have a question about the absentee ballot process, please contact the Clerk’s Office. We are here to help!
- Use a black or blue ink pen to complete your ballot, not pencil.
- Don't forget to sign your green ballot return envelope. Every signature is required to be verified on the application for absentee ballot and on the completed ballot. If there is a question on your signature, or if your signature is missing, we will make all possible efforts to contact you to resolve it.
- Return postage for mailing your ballot through the Post Office is $0.55. There is also a secure drop box located outside the entrance to City Hall for your convenience in returning your absentee ballot.
- Ballots must be returned to the Clerk's Office at City Hall before 8 p.m. on Election Day, August 4, 2020. Absentee ballots are not to be returned to the polling location on Election Day.
The polling locations will be open on Election Day for those wishing to vote in person. The polls are open at 7:00 a.m. and close at 8:00 p.m. Precinct 1: City Hall Fire Station 45 E. Long Lake RoadPrecinct 2: Congregational Church of Birmingham 1000 Cranbrook Road
and review the August 4, 2020 Primary Election link on the homepage. The following information is posted for your reference:
- Voter Registration Application
- Application for Absentee Ballot
- View a sample ballot for your precinct for the August 4, 2020 Primary Election
- Track your absentee ballot – See where your request and ballot are in the process
Leading up to Election Day, we will continue to communicate with periodic e-newsletters and website and social media posts to share timely information with the community. If you have any questions, send an email to email@example.com, visit our website at www.bloomfieldhillsmi.net or reach us by phone at (248) 644-1520.