Register to Vote
Qualified Electors may register to vote or change their address in the following manners.
- At the City Clerk's Office or at the office of the County Clerk during normal business hours.
- At any Secretary of State Branch office located throughout the State during normal business hours.
- At the military recruitment offices for persons enlisting in the armed forces.
- By obtaining and completing a Mail Voter Registration Application and forwarding to the election official for your jurisdiction by the close of registration deadline. Mail voter registration applications may be obtained by contacting the clerk's office or online. Please note that a person who registers to vote by mail is required to vote in person unless they have previously voted in person in the City where they live or are at least 60 years of age or are handicapped.
- Effective April 1, 2000, Public Act 118 of 1999 amended the Michigan Vehicle Code to clarify that a person's driver license address must correspond to his or her voter registration address. An address change submitted by an individual on a voter registration application form will automatically carry over to the individual's driver license record. Similarly, an address change submitted by an individual to update his or her driver license record will automatically carry over to the individual's voter registration record.